Cyber dome Project is conceived by Technological Research and Development Centre of Kerala Police as a public-police participation model is aimed at combating emerging cyber threats through effective policing.
What is Cyber Dome Project?
- To establish a cyber center of excellence in cybersecurity, as well as technology enhancement for effective policing. Kerala Police Department has started a Technological research and development center that is Cyber dome.
- It is a combinatorial crew of ethical hackers, expert coders, youth prodigies skilled in software, law enforcers, and civilian volunteers who huddle behind flickering computer terminals at the office, with most of them offering their services for free.
- Basically, It is an initiative which aims to meet the objective of combating against emerging cyber threats in the digital battleground of the modern world, by viaduct the gap between the latest changes and sophisticated innovations in the cyberworld and the skill set development of Kerala Police. It is envisaged as a collaboration Centre for both the public and private fraternity to converge and share information, as well as resources, that will escalate the safety of our cyberspace.
- In short, they are the first line of defense of State law enforcement, against a range of online threats.
Aims and Objectives of Cyber Dome Project
- To prevent cybercrimes and ensuring that cyber resources of the public are secured is the primary objective of Cyber dome.
- It aims to create a cyber threat flexible ecosystem in the state to prevent cybercrimes, by synergizing with other departments and major agencies of the state.
- It aims to ensure a secure cyber world for every citizen in the state, by establishing collective coordination among the Government’s departments and agencies, teaching institution, research groups, non-profitable organizations, individual experts from the community, ethical hackers, private organizations, and other law enforcement agencies in the country.
How Cyber Dome Project can control internet crimes in India?
- Cyber Dome Project is started to meet the objective of tackling the long-term security challenges in the digital battleground of the modern world by viaduct the gap between the latest & sophisticated innovations in cyberspace and the skill set of Kerala Police.
- Under the Cyber Dome Project, various activities are to be performed which will play an important in controlling crimes in India. Some of them are listed below.
Performing Online monitoring
Internet platforms including social media will be kept on regular monitoring under this project to look out for possible crimes. And this will help in preventing the reprobates from devolving in crimes on the internet due to fear of getting caught.
Involving Dedicated expertise
The best part of this project is the involvement of technical experts in execution. When it’s a matter of cybercrimes, the police force is very less efficient compares to technical experts in resolving the cases and identifying the culprits. Since the cyber field is not a niche of police forces, so it’s obvious that, in comparison to police force, technical experts like network security providers, ethical hackers, and internet influencers can play a great role in identifying and preventing internet crimes.
Creating Better coordination
To cope up with the complex challenges being created on the internet, better coordination is needed between different intelligence agencies. The Cyber Dome project is speculated to be a huge umbrella network of various intelligence agencies and the coming together of agencies will result in better inter-agency coordination and support. This will prove to be very helpful in fighting against the cybercrime practiced in the state.
Making Teaching Institution a Part Of It
Before one works in Cyberspace, one should know about it. Therefore, Various academic and teaching institutions are also made a part of the extended project where academia will be trained to teach basic internet customs to students. In addition to basic internet ethics, they will also be taught how to report any monkey tricks on the internet.
So, it is observed from the above statement that the Cyber Dome project can be termed an unrepeatable exercise in our current administrative system. Its implementation will decide its scope of success. So far, this project is quite successful, and by seeing this, there are great chances to expand this project to include other parts of our governance system too.
How CyberDome can control internet crimes in India
Under this project there will be regular monitoring of internet platforms including social media in order to look out for possible crimes. This will prevent miscreants from indulging in crimes on the internet due to fear of getting caught.
The main advantage of this project is involvement of technical experts in implementation. In comparison to police force, technical experts like ethical hackers, network security providers and internet influencers can play a great role in preventing and identifying internet crimes.
The CyberDome project is envisioned to be a huge umbrella network of various intelligence agencies. The coming together of agencies will result in better inter-agency coordination and support. This can increase the scope for the success of this project.
Various academic and teaching institution are also part of the extended project. The academia will be trained to teach basic internet ethics to students. They will also be taught how to report any mischief on the internet.
• Cyber dome is a Centre of Excellence for Kerala Police, to meet the long-term security challenges in the digital arena of the modern world, by bridging the gap between the latest changes and innovations in the cyber space and the skill set development of Kerala Police, in combating the emerging cyber threats.
• Cyber dome is conceived as a Cyber Centre of excellence in cyber security as well as technology augmentation for effective policing.
• It envisages as a high tech public-private partnership Centre of collaboration for different stakeholders in the domain of cyber security and handling of cybercrimes, in a proactive manner.
• It is envisaged as a collaboration Centre for both the public and private fraternity to converge and share information, as well as resources that will escalate the safety of our cyber space.
It can be useful in controlling internet crimes in India.
• One of the main objectives of the Cyberdome is to prevent cyber-crimes through the development of a cyber threat resilient ecosystem to defend against the growing threat of cyber-attacks by synergizing with other departments and nodal agencies of the State.
• Cyberdome makes a collective coordination among the Government departments and agencies, academia, research groups, non-profitable organizations, individual experts from the community, ethical hackers, private organizations, and other law enforcement agencies in the country, with an aim of providing a safe and secure cyber world for each and every citizen in the state.
• Cyber Intelligence: Cyber dome has a key role in providing insights for cyber intelligence by tracking and analysing the activities of the cyber world.
• Social media analytics, anti-piracy measures on the internet, virtual policing, monitoring of online sex rackets, preventing child pornography, and countering cyber terror activities are the key focus • Cyberdome is operating an online office of technical experts, ethical hackers, and competent cyber security professionals, who assist the police in the area of cyber security, cybercrime investigation and domain knowledge updating.
• Cyber security: Primary focus area of Cyber dome is cyber security as the protection of the departmental systems, networks and data in cyberspace.
• Cyber forensics have been developed to track the area of crime and develop knowledge about them.
• In March 2017, Cyberdome notched up a remarkable victory when it forewarned the Kerala government of a possible ransomware attack.
• Cyber dome is to provide continuous attention that is required to protect sensitive government and personal digital assets to safeguard national security.
• Ethical hackers working for Cyberdome had exposed a vital security vulnerability in the State’s Integrated Financial Management System
• Cyberdome has developed cyber-surveillance tools to detect and convict those responsible for industrial espionage. The tools unearth moles that lie deep in critical information networks and siphon off data clandestinely.
• Cyberdome has used social engineering as the lynchpin of its policing strategy to snoop on radical groups that use the net for extremist activities.
• Law enforcers often use deception as a tool to insinuate themselves into such shadowy groups.
They use fictitious online identities to manipulate suspects about divulging actionable information.
• Cyberdome has launched a covert cyber-surveillance and infiltration programme to crack down on child pornography.
• Images of children captured furtively on mobile phones are increasingly finding their way to porn websites, and Kerala is a significant contributor. The operation, code-named P-Hunt, resulted in the arrest of 22 persons in March.
• Various activities such as organizing workshops in cyber security for police officials, government departments, and for school and college students are also being planned to be undertaken under Cyber Dome.
Thus, Cyber dome helps in building expertise in cyber security and transferring technologies, enforcing policies, offering services and building products to create a secure ecosystem for the technology tailored society.
For latest Articles [Paper wise GS 1-4] and Solved papers[2010-2020] join us @ https://t.me/UPSCexamNotes1
UPSC ESSAYS click here
GS Paper 1 click here
Gs Paper 2 click here
Gs paper 3 click here
GS paper 4 click here
Sociology click here
Entertainment click here