After postponing UPSC mains, and with due precautionary measures UPSC conducted mains examination. The Union Public Service Commission conducts recruitment tests for various categories of Group A and few Group B posts in the Indian government every year. The most prestigious and the most competitive exam conducted by the UPSC is the Civil Services Examination.
The pattern of UPSC Civil Service Exam 2020:
- UPSC CSE (Preliminary) – October 4, 2020
- UPSC CSE (Main) – January 8, 2021, onwards
- IAS Interview/ UPSC Personality Test
This article covers, in-depth, the written stage of the Civil Services exam i.e. UPSC Mains for the year 2020.
Download UPSC Mains 2019 Question Papers from the linked article.
Latest Update about Mains 2020
- UPSC Mains Admit Card 2020 Released on 17th December. Learn the important instructions to be followed during the CSE Mains exams and download the UPSC Admit Card 2021 in the linked article.
- UPSC Mains Time Table 2020 Released on 6th November – Civil Services Mains Examination 2020 is going to start from 8th January 2021 onward against the earlier date of 18th September 2020.
Essay Question Paper
- Life is a long Journey between human being and being humane
- Mindful manifesto is the catalyst to a tranquil self
- Ships do not sink because of water around them, ships sink because of water that get into them
- Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
5.Culture is what we are, civilization is what we have
6. There can be no social justice without economic prosperity but economic prosperity without social justice is meaningless
7.Patriarchy is the least noticed yet the most significant structure of social inequality
8. Technology as the salient factor in international relations
How many services are there in the UPSC IAS Exam 2021?
All India Services
- Indian Administrative Services(IAS)
- Indian Police Servies(IPS)
- Indian Forest Services(IFoS) [Prelims Only]
Central Civil Services
|Indian Foreign Services(IFS)||Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’|
|Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’||Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’|
|Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)||Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’|
|Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’|
|Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’||Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’|
|Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’||Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).|
|Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’||Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’||Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’|
|Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’|