The third phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY 3.0) was launched in 600 districts
across all states of India.
• Spearheaded by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), this phase
will focus on new-age and COVID-related skills.
About PMKVY 3.0:
Skill India Mission PMKVY 3.0 envisages training of eight lakh candidates over a scheme period of
• Around 729 Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras (PMKKs), empaneled non-PMKK training centres
and more than 200 ITIs under Skill India will be rolling out PMKVY 3.0 training to build a
the robust pool of skilled professionals.
• On the basis of the learning gained from PMKVY 1.0 and PMKVY 2.0, the Ministry has
improved the newer version of the scheme to match the current policy doctrine and energize
the skilling ecosystem affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), launched in 2015, is the flagship scheme of the
Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) implemented by National Skill
• The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme: is to enable a large number of Indian youth to
take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood.
• Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 2.0 (PMKVY 2.0) 2016-20
After the successful implementation of pilot PMKVY (2015-16), PMKVY 2016-20 was launched by
scaling up both in terms of Sector and Geography and by greater alignment with other missions
of Government of India like Make in India, Digital India, Swachh Bharat, etc.
Objectives of PMKVY 2016-20
Enable and mobilize a large number of youths to take up industry designed quality skill training,
become employable and earn their livelihood.
• Encourage standardisation of the Certification process and put in place the foundation for
creating a registry of skills.
• Benefit 10 million youth over the period of four years (2016- 2020).
Skill India Mission
“Skill India Mission” has gained tremendous momentum through launch of its flagship scheme
PMKVY to unlock the vision of making India the ‘Skill Capital’ of the world.
UPSC ESSAYS click here
GS Paper 1 click here
Gs Paper 2 click here
Gs paper 3 click here
GS paper 4 click here