News18 Logo

Delhi Nursery Admissions Third Merit List Likely Today

Education and Career

The third merit list for nursery admissions is scheduled to be released on Saturday, March 27. The merit list is released on the basis of seats left vacant after filling seats based on first two merit lists. For most private schools the list is made available online. Those schools which do not release the list online, put it up on their notice boards.

Of the total seats that have been released 75 per cent are available for those belonging to the unreserved category while the remaining 25 per cent are for the Economically Weaker Section of the society. The admission process for nursery exams started on February 18 and will go on till April 1.

The Directorate of Education has mentioned that the schools will be issuing waiting lists along with the merit lists for admissions. The parents can then enroll their children accordingly. It must be noted that any candidate taking admission in nursery must be less than the age of four years as of March 31.

In order to get your child enrolled in Nursery in any school of Delhi, keep these documents ready:

Passport size colour photograph of a child

Passport size colour photograph of the parents/guardian

Family photograph

Address Proof

Child’s Birth certificate

Child’s Adhaar Card

Parent / Guardian Adhaar Card

Once the merit list is released, the parents of the eligible children will have to submit a copy of the following documents. The seat will only be finalised once all the documents are verified and the fees is paid.

Resident proof

EWS certificate

Income certificate

Caste certificate

Birth certificate of the child

Special needs certificate of child, if required

Photograph of child

Orphan certificate and guardian certificate, where required

Transgender certificate, if required

SMS or email for confirmation of email

Application form

Approximately 1700 schools are taking part in the nursery admission process this year. Usually, the nursery admissions in Delhi take place in the last week of November. However, due to the current pandemic situation there was a delay in the entire process.

Source link